If you are interested in improving the appearance of your skin, you may be considering consulting a cosmetic dermatologist. Before making an appointment, it is critical that you ask some questions to help you determine if this is the right choice for you.
Here are some things to consider when choosing a Hallandale and Boca Raton, FL area cosmetic dermatologist for your skincare needs:
- What are my goals? It is important to be clear about what you hope to achieve from treatment before meeting with a cosmetic dermatologist. Do you want to reduce wrinkles and lines? Treat acne or other skin conditions? Improve the overall tone and texture of your skin? Make sure you are specific when discussing your goals with your doctor, as they will be able to better recommend a treatment plan tailored to your needs.
- What procedures does this doctor specialize in? Not all cosmetic dermatologists offer the same procedures. Some may specialize in laser hair removal, while others may be better at treating acne or wrinkles. Find a doctor who specializes in the procedures you are most interested in.
- What is the doctor’s experience with my condition? If you have a specific skin condition that you would like to treat, it is vital to choose a provider who has experience with that condition. Do your research ahead of time and ask the cosmetic dermatologist about their experience treating your specific issue.
- What are the risks and side effects associated with the procedure? Any type of surgery or medical procedure comes with some risk of side effects. You should fully understand what these are before undergoing treatment. Be sure to ask the doctor about any potential risks and side effects associated with the procedure you are considering to get a clearer picture of what to expect.
- What is the cost of the procedure? Cost can be a major consideration when it comes to cosmetic procedures. Ask the dermatologist about the cost of the procedure, as well as any associated fees (like anesthesia or facility fees).
How do I learn more?
Schedule an appointment with our cosmetic dermatologist, Dr. Bertha Baum, and her team at Aventura Dermatology today! She is open to new and returning patients in the community.